Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Born is the King...

I've been such a scrooge lately.  I haven't started Christmas shopping.  I have no solid ideas for gifts for people.  We haven't settled on our budget.  I'm stressed.
I've been listening to Christmas music secretly when Mark's not home (ok , it leaked out a few times when he was home too, teehee) and though I felt mild warm fuzzy feelings, I just felt like my heart wasn't in it.  I can't celebrate Christmas like that.
I love when every time I look at a nativity scene or hear a CHRISTmas song I get a tingly excited feeling.  I LOVE the wonder that comes with the realization that GOD became MAN.  That He intimately knows that life we lead because he's walked it.  I love that Easter is already in my mind when I think about Christmas.
Today I was searching for songs, planning for Sunday Morning when I came across this gem that I've never heard before.  After singing and grinning and generally acting like I'm 5 again, I could care less about Christmas Shopping stress!  Thank you LORD, I'm praising YOU this Christmas!

Born unto us this day a Savior Gifted from heaven to a manger The hope of the world A light for all mankind All of the earth rejoice It’s Christmas time So lift up your voice and sing out His praise It’s Christmas Born is the King, rejoice in the day It’s Christmas Make a joyful sound It’s Christmas Let His praise resound It’s Christmas Goodwill to all the earth And peace divine All of the earth rejoice It’s Christmas time It’s Christmas time So lift up your voice and sing out His praise It’s Christmas Born is the King, rejoice in the day It’s Christmas Make a joyful sound It’s Christmas

1 comment:

Elayne said...

Nothing like focusing on the real reason we celebrate...the rest takes second place.
What great words. I'll have to listen to the song now.