Saturday, January 26, 2013

After all...

Verse 1
You were reaching through the storm
Walking on the water
Even when I could not see
In the middle of it all
When I thought You were a thousand miles away
Not for a moment did You forsake me
Not for a moment did You forsake me

Chorus:
After all You are constant
After all You are only good
After all You are sovereign
Not for a moment will You forsake me
Not for a moment will You forsake me

Verse 2:
You were singing in the dark
Whispering Your promise
Even when I could not hear
I was held in Your arms
Carried for a thousand miles to show
Not for a moment did You forsake me

Bridge:And every step every breath you are there
Every tear every cry every prayer
In my heart at my worst
When my world falls down
Not for a moment will You forsake me
Even in the dark
Even when it's hard
You will never leave me
After all

This song brought me to tears a few times this week, so full of promises!  For me.  For people who were heavily in my prayers this week.  I had to put it on here so that I didn't ever forget it....

2 comments:

Dayna said...

great lyrics and what a pretty voice! thanks for introducing me to this song jobina. ps- i miss you!

Elayne said...

I like your new picture; I like what you say about yourself; and I love that you posted this song for yourself and others....such a great reminder for us all. I love you!